Visa On Arrival
Visa to Vietnam
Visitors to Vietnam must obtain a visa unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries. Be aware that your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the last day of your stay in Vietnam and that you must have one blank page left for the visa stamp.
1. Visa exemption: Vietnamese people that hold foreign passports and foreigners who are their husbands, wives and children are exempt from visa requirements to enter Vietnam and are allowed to stay for not more than 90 days. In order to be granted visa exemption certificates at Vietnamese representative offices abroad, overseas Vietnamese need conditions:
+ Foreign-issued permanent residence certificate (PRC) with the validity of at least six months since the date of entrance.
+ Visa exemption paper (VEP) is granted by Vietnamese appropriate authorities.
Those who expect to stay more than 90 days must apply for visa according to current stipulations before their entrance.
2. Country and its citizens do not need Vietnam visa: Travelers who are under bilateral admission for visa exemption (within ASEAN countries): Thailand (30 days), Indonesia (30 days), Singapore (30 days), Malaysia (30 days), The Philippines (15 days), Laos (30 days), Cambodia (30 days), Brunei Darussalam (14 days), Myanmar (14 days)
Travelers who are under Vietnam unilateral admission for visa exemption:
+ Japan, Korea, Russia, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland: visa exemption for 15 days (apply from 01 January 2015 to 31 December 2019)
+ France, Spain, Germany, UK, Italy: visa exemption for 15 days (apply from 01 July 2015 to 30 June 2018)
+ Belarus: visa exemption for 15 days (apply from 01 July 2015 to 30 June 2020)
Clients entry to Vietnam go ahead to immigration both to complete quarantine and immigration procedure with passport ready and return ticket. Airport customs police will stamp 2 checks to passport: 1 stamp at point entry and the second mark the time that visitors that allowed staying (day of entry plus lenght of stay allowance).
1. Visa through the Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam in your country
To apply for a visa, you must fill in a form (1 copy) that you can download from the website of the embassy of your country, 2 recent passport-sized photos (with white background) and your passport. Then, you just have to go to the embassy with all the papers and the money for the visa fee. Fees vary from one country to another.
2. E-visa: only for 1 month, single entry
Vietnamese government released a directive detailing an e-visa pilot program that is effective from February 1, 2017. The two-year program states that citizens from 46 countries are eligible for electronic visa applications. A complete list of nationalities can be found at https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/. The application is also processed through this website.
Visitors with e-visas can touch down at any of Vietnam’s eight international airports. They can also arrive via land at 13 international border gates, and via sea at seven ports across the country. List of ports that allow foreigners enter and exit Vietnam by E-visa is available at https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/.
E-visa fee (25 USD) is paid via electronic payment gateway as prescribed by the Immigration Department. The fee will not be refunded if the application is refused.
3. Visa on arrival (VOA)
Getting visa in your home country can be time consuming and expensive. Tonkin Travel can help you to arrange “visa approval” which is required to obtain the visa upon arrival.
The procedure is as follows:
- Step 1: Passport details (full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, date of issue, etc.) must be sent to us no later than 14 working days before your departure to Vietnam.
- Step 2: This information is sent to the Immigration Department for the visa approval letter. The time limit to obtain this leter is 4 working days for a normal tourist visa or 24 hours for an urgent procedure with an added surcharge applied.
- Step 3: We send you by email the approval letter and the visa application form (NA1). You will fill in each a (1) form NA1 and attach a recent passport-sized photo on the form. Photocopy of photo is not accepted. You also need to prepare the some bank notes in US Dollars to pay visa stamp fee.
Attention: It is very important to use the same passport number that you provide us and on the form of the visa request.
- Step 4: When you check-in at the departure airport, you will have to show a copy of the visa approval letter. Without this letter, the airline will refuse you boarding. On arrival in Vietnam, before going through passport control, you proceed to the Visa on Arrival (VOA) counter where you show the mentioned documents (visa approval letter, completed visa application form with attached photo, passport and cash) to get visa stamped.
+ It is important to indicate clearly the specific airport in Vietnam where people will get their visa including: airline, time, date, number of the arrival flight.
+ If a child is present on the passport of its parents, the child won’t need it to fill in his own form and have any fee, but it is still necessary to give all the information about him/her in order to apply for a visa authorization.
+ VOA takes 20 minutes – 2 hours depending on how busy the airport is at that time.
+ VIP services: You can ask for help from our staff (pre-arranged): our staff will wait for you at the airport within the immigration area with a board showing your name and will take care of the whole process with the immigration service. You won’t queue and will take a private way to the luggage belt where you will be able to collect your luggage. Time: about 5-10 minutes
Special cases: “sensitive nationalities”
For citizens of “sensitive” nationalities, example: Iran; Iraq; Sri-Lanka; Kenya; Turkey; Bangladesh; Jordan; Pakistan; Syria; Togo; Saudi Arabia; Samoa; Nigeria; Lebanon; Yemen; Ecuador, Turkish, Banglades…: Same procedure as “normal” nationalities but instead of providing only the information on the passenger’s passport, the travellers must also have below document to obtain the visa approval letter:
+ A scan of the passport
+ Confirmation of hotels booking during the entire stay
+ Confirmation of international and domestic airline tickets for the entire trip
+ The tour program
+ Guarantee document by the travel agency
The last 4 documents can be provided by Tonkin Travel.
The fee for the service will be higher (please contact our staff for your case). The time to obtain the visa authorization is also longer, about 7-10 working days
+ Visa approval letter: 15 USD/person (normal nationalities).
+ Single-entry: 25 USD
+ Multiple-entry from 1- 3 months: 50 USD
+ Multiple-entry from 3 – 6months: 90 USD
+ Multiple-entry from 6 – 12 months: 135 USD