Situated on the banks of the Hoi An River, the stylish Red Bridge is set in 2 acres of stunning tropical gardens. Our Cooking School offers daily tours, including market visit, boat trip, and hands on cooking. The restaurant serves modern Vietnamese cuisine and has become a favourite for special events and weddings.
08:00 Start the day with a welcome drink at Hai Café (98 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Hoi An Ancient Town, Tel: 3863210) – your meeting point.
Travel by minivan (10 mins) to Tra Que Organic Village, and walk through the market gardens where local farmers work their fields using the traditional methods of hundreds of years ago – no electrical machinery here. Pick fresh saw-tooth coriander and Vietnamese mint for our cooking lesson later, before trying a special herbal drink at a local home. To the local village market and with shopping list in hand we purchase a range of local ingredients, including star anise, cardamom, sesame rice paper, water spinach and banana flower.
Arriving at Red Bridge Cooking School you have a chance to freshen up before beginning our class. Working together with our Red Bridge Chef you learn the traditional ways of preparing and cooking Vietnamese food from scratch. Using the freshest ingredients and traditional Vietnamese utensils (still in use today) we cook 4 famous dishes, including the national dish ‘Pho’. After the class , sit down and a chance to savour the dishes we have prepared. Leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River back to central Hoi An. Bring your swimsuit and after the cooking tour has finished relax and enjoy free use of our 20 metre swimming pool – towels and showers provided.
– Beef noodle soup (Pho) – includes the making of fresh rice noodles
– Clay pot fish with fresh dill (Cha Ca)
– Lemongrass shrimp grilled in banana leaves (Tom nuong la chuoi)
– Grilled chicken and banana flower salad (Goi hoa chuoi ga nuong)
– Vegetarians are provided with replacement ingredients.
– Lunch and all drinks (including house wine, soft drinks, and beer).
– Guided tour of Tra Que organic village with herbal drink at a local home.
– Red Bridge apron and recipe booklet.
– Boat from Red Bridge Cooking School to central Hoi An.
– Free use of the Red Bridge swimming pool (towels & showers provided).
– Taxis are available back to town / beach area for around US$3-4 per car.