Farming with Cu Chi tunnels trip is amazing program for people who love the countryside, love agriculture, love history and discover and understand clearly about Vietnamese agriculture and history with great Vietnamese cuisine from our Master Chef’s explanations
Starting at 08:00, you go to HCM Agricultural villages where you can participate in:
– Visiting buffalo, cow, fish and prawn areas
– Visiting mushroom growing areas and understanding how to make mushrooms and benefit of mushrooms bringing economic wealth and good health.
– Visiting herbs, spices and vegetable growing areas and understanding what they are used for in cooking and medicine
10:00 – 11:00 Being the farmer Use your hands to make rice fields or growing the garden (You choose which ones you like and which ingredients do you want to grow up if you have something specific)
11:00 – 13:00 Cooking & lunch Watch our master chef doing a cooking show in front of you and enjoy what you see (There are special menu offers if you have dietary requiremements)
13:00 – 13:30 Cow milking Visiting cow milking areas and getting hands-on to milk a cow and make your own cup of milk coffee when you can enjoy your own handiwork.
13:30 – 14:30 Visit the rice paper villages and rubber tree forest
– Visit rice paper villages and learn how to make rice paper and what is the main ingredient to make rice papers? You will be surprised to get the answer!
– Visiting the rubber tree forest and understanding how to get the latex and what benefit of rubber tree use for?
14:30 Leave the cooking class for the tunnels of Cu Chi, where an immense network of connecting underground tunnels that are located in the Cu Chi district of Saigon, and are part of a much larger network of tunnels that underline much of the country. On our way there you drive through pleasant countryside, rubber plantations and rice paddies. At the Cu Chi tunnels, you will see a short introductory video showing how they were constructed, followed by an exploration of the maze of tunnels, some of which have been widened to allow tourist access. Also on display are various mantraps and the remains of an American tank as well as numerous bomb craters made by 500lb bombs dropped by B52 bombers.
Back to Saigon. The trip will end about 18:00 at your hotel
COOKING CLASS MENU: You get to cook 4 dishes: 1 entrée + 1 salad + 1 maincourse or noodle + 1 dessert. Menu information available upon request.